The following sections provide detailed instructions on how to use this website.
How to Execute a Provider Search
A provider search can be executed based on information entered into any of the 4 location tabs. When searching By County or By Statewide, additional provider information must be entered into one of the following fields: Specialties, Hospital/Group Name, Doctor Last Name, Tax ID, and NPI, in addition to the location information in order to perform a provider search.
- By Region: Can enter a City/State or a Zip code. The Search Radius specifies the distance that the search results will include from the center of the City/State combination or Zip code specified.
- By Address: Search for providers by entering a specific address. The Search Radius specifies the distance that the search results will include from the center of the City/State combination or Zip code specified.
- By County: In order to search for providers by county, you must first select the desired State. In addition, at least one additional criteria must be selected to perform this search: Specialties, Hospital/Group Name, Doctor Last Name, Tax ID, and NPI.
- By Statewide: Select a desired State to perform the provider search. In addition, at least one additional criteria must be selected to perform this search: Specialties, Hospital/Group Name, Doctor Last Name, Tax ID, and NPI.
Specialties are an optional search criteria. To select a specialty first select one or more Categories and a list of Specialties that fall into these categories will populate in the Specialty field. You can perform a search by selecting either the category or specific specialties within the category. You must enter information into one of the Select Location tabs in order to search by provider specialty.
|Note:||When selected, some categories may display a popup with ancillary provider information to submit referrals. If you'd like to continue the search, select the 'Search for additional providers' link at the bottom of the popup. This will close the popup and return you to the search screen.|
Select Additional Search Criteria
Additional search criteria that can be used to refine provider search results in an area. Can enter Hospital Affiliation, Group Affiliation, Gender, Accepting New Patients, Language, Tax ID, or NPI to refine search results. You must enter information into one of the Select Location tabs in order to search by additional search criteria.
After you have entered your search parameters, select the 'Search Providers' button on the bottom of the page.
Provider Search Results
In the Provider Search Results page, you will find a listing of all providers that match your search criteria. The maximum number of search results that can be returned on this page is 500. If more than 500 results have been identified, a warning message will appear at the top. Refine your search criteria to ensure you find the provider(s) you're looking for. The following options and features are available on this page:
- Edit Search Criteria: Edit the previously entered search criteria by selecting the Edit Search Criteria button.
- Start New Search: Select the New Search button to start from scratch.
- Sort Results by: You can change the sort order of your search results by City, County, Mileage, Name, and Zip Code.
- List View / Map View: You can swap between the List and Map view using these buttons. The List View option displays your search results in a list in the selected Sort order. The Map View option displays your search results plotted on a map with easy access to directions. Each provider listed also has an option to View on Map. Selecting this will create a popup with a mapped location of the provider selected, with a Get Directions link included.
- Comment: The Comment button should be used to communicate any updates about the provider to Sanford Health Plans. You can choose one of the pre-defined options or add your own Notes. Sanford Health Plans will review the note and update the provider's information.
- View Provider Notes - Once Sanford Health Plans approves the note, a note icon will appear below the provider's name on the Search Results screen. Click on the icon to view the associated notes. Notes can include information such as a change of telephone number or address, etc.
Create Directory: In order to create a directory, select the tabs to the left of the provider name and verification on each provider you wish to include in the directory, then select the Create Directory button. The Create Directory button will take you to a Directory Options page where you can choose the Format of the directory as well as choose to create it immediately or have it run off-line and emailed to you. You are also able to choose the Document Type for each format. The Format options include the following:
- Excel Table Format: this option will export the search results into an excel file containing all the information you see on the search results page.
- Search Results Format: this option creates a nicely formatted PDF file with the search results sorted based on your search selection either alphabetically by the provider's name or by distance, near to far.
- Specialty Directory with Index: this option groups the search results by specialty then lists the providers in alphabetically by name and includes an Index at the end of all the provider names for your convenience.
- Specialty Directory without Index: same as the above without the Index page(s).
Please call Member Services at (800) 752-5863 or TTY/TDD: (877) 652-1844.